Bayu is a Partner at Sarvasūkṣma. His practice focuses on white-collar criminal defense and corporate investigations, as well as complex commercial and civil litigation. He is a finalist of Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year for the ALB Indonesia Law Award 2021 and 2022.
Bayu graduated from Universitas Padjadjaran with a Sarjana Hukum (Bachelor of Laws) and Georgetown Law, Washington, D.C., with an LL.M., with a certificate in international arbitration and dispute settlement. He was completing his LL.M. by doing an internship at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman in Washington, D.C., in corporate investigations and white-collar defense practice group. He gained unique experiences on international white-collar crime, including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and Trafficking Victims Protection Act (TVPA) violations.
Bayu advises numerous major national and international companies in anti-corruption and compliance; representing and providing full legal services to individuals and companies in white-collar criminal defense, from investigations to trials and complex litigation. Before establishing Sarvasūkṣma, he worked at a prominent law firm and companies in Jakarta.
- Represented a foreign company against its former Director before the District Court on a wrongful termination dispute.
- Advised and represented an international organization against its former foreign advisor on fixed-term employment contract issue.
- Successfully defended an Indonesian businessman, in one of the biggest money laundering cases in Indonesia with the estimated amount of money laundered of US$ 35 million.
- Represented an Indonesian company against a Lithuanian Company in international arbitration on the performance of the contract on the Overhaul of the Helicopter of the Indonesian Army before the Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration and the District Court of Central Jakarta for the enforcement of arbitration award.
- Represented Lin Che Wei in a high profile corruption case on illegal exports of Crude Palm Oil (CPO) that have contributed to cooking oil shortage in Indonesia and caused an estimated loss of IDR18.3 trillion to the state budget and the national economy.
- Represented former President Director of PT Asuransi Jiwasraya in investment fraud allegations with the total of state financial loss of US$1,2 billion.
- Represented Marimutu Sinivasan, founder and chairman of Texmaco Group, in various litigation and disputes.
- Represented Governor of Bengkulu, in a bribery allegation case.
- Represented Nurhadi, former Secretary of the Indonesian Supreme Court (Mahkamah Agung), in a bribery allegation case.
- Represented Division Head II of PT Waskita Karya, in a corruption allegation case.
- Represented Division Head – DKI Jakarta Area of Perum BULOG, in a corruption allegation case.
- Successfully represented customers against a property development company in consumer protection and tort disputes.
- Represented PT Borneo Karya Persada as a creditor on Suspension of Debt Payment Obligations before Commercial Court of Surabaya.
- Represented a company against 7-Eleven, Inc. in a trademark dispute before Commercial Court of Jakarta.
- Represented Tomy Winata in a US$20 million commercial dispute over an assignment of accounts receivable (cessie) against PT Geria Wijaya Prestige (Kuta Paradiso Hotel).
- Represented a leading shipyard company against Indonesian government before BANI/National Arbitration Board of Indonesia.
- Representing Katalis, an Indonesian EV company, in finalizing its dealership agreement and assisting Katalis in various further related matters on the dealership.
- Representing PT Asfi Ilhami Rayhan in their corporate actions and disputes settlement.
- Performed employment audit project at PT Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indonesia, PT Trakindo Utama (Caterpillar) and Bank Indonesia: audited the compliance of employment regulation including expatriates, implementation of transfer of undertakings protection of employment (TUPE), and implementation of outsourcing process for more than 10,000 employees.
Awards and Certifications
- A Finalist of Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year for the ALB Indonesia Law Award 2021 and 2022 by Thomson Reuters – Asian Legal Business (ALB).
- Certificate on Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination by West Virginia University in association with Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE),2020.
- Certificate in International Arbitration and Dispute Settlement, and Legal English for Foreign-Trained Lawyers by Georgetown University Law Center, 2019.
- Scholarship awardee for LL.M. program by Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP), 2016.
The Young Generation Must Aware the Problem of Conflict of Interest (2020), Corporate Compliance is Key to Eradicate Corruption, Tempo English Magazine (2019); Out-of-court Settlement for Graft Possible, the Jakarta Post (2018); Arbitration: Will the Real BANI Please Stand Up-An Update, EKONID Law & Taxes (2018); Prevention as the Best Solution for Corruption Eradication in Indonesia, Tribunnews Indonesia (2017); Outsourcing Practice in Indonesia: The Never-Ending Battle, EKONID Law & Taxes 7th edition (2017).
Latest Updates from R. Bayu Perdana
- Consumer Protection for a Lessee Who Rent a Property in Indonesia: Does that Exist? 1 week ago - In the US, the phrase "customer is king" has become a commonly used term in the business world. This philosophy is based on the idea that satisfied…
- Sarvasuksma Partners with Debitura.com in Indonesia 3 months ago - Sarvasuksma become one of the exclusive partners of Debitura.com in Indonesia. Debitura.com is a leading global debt recovery platform who assist thousands of businesses in finding legal…
- Corporate Criminal Liability under the New Indonesian Criminal Code 3 months ago - The Indonesia House of Representatives (DPR) passed the New Indonesian Criminal Code -Law No. 1 of 2023 on Criminal Code (the “New KUHP”)-, replacing the previous Criminal…
- Foreign Employees/Workers in Indonesia: Termination Benefits 4 months ago - After the Constitutional Court Decision Number 91/PUU-XVIII/2020, the Indonesian Government issued a Government Regulation in lieu of law No. 2 of 2022 on Job Creation to amend…
- Second-Home Visa in Indonesia 7 months ago - In October 2022, the Indonesian Government issued a Circular of (Plt.) Director General of Immigration Number IMI-0746.GR.01.01 of 2022 on the Issuance of Second-Home Visa and Limited…